Safe Birth – Providing Proper Care to all Mothers
The miracle of life is truly a beautiful moment. However, both the mother and child need a lot of care during this time. Unfortunately, underprivileged women, especially those in regions affected by humanitarian crises or fragile situations, do not get the treatment they need on time. This leads to life long complications, but more often, it leads to the death of the mother.
Areas with High Maternal Mortality Rates
- South America
How Can You Make a Difference?
Visit the “Safe Birth Even Here”campaign by the UNFPA: https://www.unfpa.org/safebirth#/en/action
Once you visit the campaign page you can:
- Share the page on your social media.
- Make a donation to help the UN in their efforts to end maternal mortality.
- Take the pledge to do whatever possible to end maternal mortality.
- Share the “Safe Birth Even Here” campaign page with your family, friends and colleagues.
- Give a short presentation at your work place.
- Speak to the members of your local community.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper.
- Start a fundraiser and get people at your workplace, university etc. to donate.
- Contact large corporations for donations.
- Hold a garage sale.
- Get shop keepers at your local mall to keep donation boxes.
- Sell momentos like t-shirts and donate all the proceeds to the cause.
There are plenty of ways that you can make a positive difference. Take action and get involved!